Why Orlando?

In 2009, Sam and I ventured on our first magical trip to "The Mouse". Two weeks in a dream world, and that was when I first knew I wanted to get married at Walt Disney World.

As a child, I was very lucky to visit Disney World three times, and then again in 2006 when I was slightly older. A trip that never happened, then had my lusting over going again because I enjoyed the '06 trip so very much. Funny thing is, as I child I didn't mind Florida, but it was never this magical place that it now is for me now. Sam and I discussed it and we soon had everything booked. An amazing trip, with my amazing Boyfriend, to the best place on earth. 
One day, while we were trying to find the Grand Floridan Spa, we actually found the wedding chapel. My life went floating up above me, and my heart pounded. The Disney wedding chapel! This started a whole lot of searcher for me, and up until now it hasn't really stopped. 
In 2012 we went back to Florida for another super holiday "of a life time". I was of course keeping my fingers crossed for the ring, this how ever didn't happen. How perfect, the Castle, Wishes fireworks. Never mind
This year however, the planning has stepped up to a whole other level. The Disney part of the wedding has pretty much been sorted, and a dream can actually come true. 

Plans have changed and due to prices and number limitations we have now decided to tie the knot at the Swan and Dolphin beach venue. An unoffical Disney hotel, on the Walt Disney World resort- meaning that I can have the little perks (ie Donald and Daisy at the wedding) but for a smaller cost and on a beach. When I saw Michelle's and Russel's wedding this was when S&D really swayed it for me, they had an amazing and fun wedding and seemed everything like the magic I dreamed of. (you can see the stunning video of it here too)
The lowest point of not doing Disney Fairy Tale Weddings is that we won't be allowed the Magic Kingdom wedding shoot, something that looks beyond magical and amazing. The point of getting married in the States is to save money though, and so dreams can happen, while being sensible.
 I keep my fingers crossed that my friends and family come and join us, I'm under no lala land , thinking it's doable for everyone. But it's my dream, a dream that come true and is really the only option for us. We don't want to feed 100 people a roast dinner, we don't want to step foot in a church, we don't want floral coming out our ears. We want to get married in the place that makes our heart flutter, in the sunshine, with converse on our feet and the ducks as our guest. Each to their own, and how ever much I smile when I see and amazing barn, sparkly high heels and beautiful blooms hanging from every surface. I remember the feeling that Walt Disney World makes me feel, and the dream that could come true. 
Bloglovin/Twitter