Our Engagement Party

Photos by Chloe Lee
"He put a ring on it" from Miss Cake*
A few weekends ago, Sam and I were joined by lots of lovely friends and family for our engagement party. It was held in park grounds, of a lovely manor house, near where we live. BBQ, wine and cupcakes we enjoyed, and lots of friendly faces and lovely catch ups.

The main reason for the party was to get every one in one place, so we could tell them about our Florida plans for the wedding. It was of course to see, and catch up with with loved ones, eat good food & drink (a bit too much) fizzy wine in the sun. How lucky we were that the sun shone for us.

I was in charge of making everything look as pretty as possible, and I think I did a pretty good job. Umbrella's were at hand, in the sweetest heart vase, that luckily we didn't need. Paper straws and cute vintage style plates and cups were used, and little signs and Mickey Mouse cupcakes finished everything off so nicely.
I'm so happy with my "He put a ring on it" stand, it stood perfectly next to the cupcakes. I hope to use it some where for the party at home, too. As well as this I also ordered a custom cake topper for the wedding, to take over with us, I'm so excited and happy with it (I'm sure I'll share it at some point)

Thank you for all those that came and celebrated with us, it was really so lovely and touching to have our loved ones support us on this happy time.
We're keeping all fingers crossed that some of them also fancy a holiday and will come and join us when we walk down the (beach) isle. 

PLEASE VOTE FOR MY BLOG "AWEDDINGDREAM.BLOGSPOT.CO.UK" IN THE BLOG AWARDS, FOR BEST BRIDAL NEWCOMER vote here
Bloglovin/Twitter